We have quite a few condo complexes in New Milford, CT, from luxury units in active adult communities to investor specials, all prices and sizes, large complexes with pools and tennis courts, condos with lake rights. Most of our condos in New Milford, CT are situated in a peaceful and quite country setting, no asphalt jungle! Check out the current condos for sale in New Milford CT.
Like the rest of the real estate market in New Milford, CT, the condo market has been slow however the average sale price was better in October than it has been for a while. In order for it to be a trend, it would have to continue for a few more months. The best way to sell your condo in New Milford, CT is to make sure it is cleaned up, priced well and ready to show. Statistics tell us that many condos on the market in New Milford, CT are selling well below their original listed price, and with only 8% of the active condos selling in October, you will want to be priced right and looking good in order to attract that buyer. I would pay special attention to the last two stats in the list below when pricing a condo for sale in New Milford, CT.
October 2012, New Milford, CT condo market
- There were 66 active condos for sale
- 5 condos sold
- Average list price for active condos: $171,769
- Average sale price: $179,200
- List to sale price: 91.20%
- Original list price to sale price: 88.8% (ouch!)
If no other condos came on the market in New Milford, CT it would take 15 months to sell the current inventory. This is known as the real estate absorption rate.
Where has the condo market in New Milford been? Where will it go?
There are a few things that affect the condo market, of course the current economy is the biggest thing. However many of our condo complexes had lost their FHA accreditation when they expired, and are just now getting it back. This does make a difference as to who can get a loan for a condo. We do have a few complexes that are mostly tenant occupied, and this also makes it tough to get the accreditation. Most of those condos will be purchased by investors if the price is right.
Things to consider when buying a condo in New Milford, CT.
- Are they FHA approved? Will you be able to obtain a loan for the condo?
- What amenities are offered in the complex? Pool? Tennis court? Club house?
- Is the association solvent? Do they have money in reserve?
- Is there any special assessment coming up? ie: Are they planning on putting on new roofs?
- Is there an assessment that is being paid right now? If yes, is the seller paying the balance off? You don't want to end up having to pay for something like windows that were changed 10 years ago, you can ask the seller to pay it off prior to closing.
- Is the association managed by a management company or are they self managed?
- How much are the monthly association fees? This will have to be considered when calculating how much of a loan you are able to obtain.
If you want more information about purchasing a condo in New Milford, CT give us a call at 860.946.0686. In the meantime, see what condos are for sale in New Milford, CT right now.
Andrea Swiedler, Realtor, Southern Litchfield County Real Estate
2017 President, Greater New Milford Board of Realtors
2017 Connecticut Magazine 5 Star Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Litchfield County Regional Office,375 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT 06776
© Andrea Swiedler 2009 - 2017
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain