Buyers are heating up their online searches in Southern Litchfield County!
One of the many services we offer the public is the ability to search homes for sale in Southern Litchfield County via our multiple listing accounts. I keep a close eye on this and I see more and more people using the site.
Now you see it, now you don't. What's happening? This is a buyers market!
What we are seeing here in Southern Litchfield County with home sales is buyers who waited too long. The homes that were heating up with hits on our site went under deposit. Two types of homes are becoming scarce.
- Expensive water front homes on both Lake Waramaug and Candlewood Lake. After languishing for sometimes a year or two, poof, gone!
- Homes under $300,000 are going fast. These are usually purchased by first time home buyers.
You need to make up your mind and prepare to commit or lose out.
What should you do if you are looking for that perfect home? Large or small, here is my advice. Be ready to go.
Most of today's buyers have already been looking online for quite a while before they even step foot into a home! You already know the market, you know what is for sale, you know what you like and don't like. When it's time to fine tune and find your house a few simple things can help.
Many times the online persona of a home is quite a different story when you meet it in person!
- Call a real estate agent. Of course if you have been using our site to search we would more than love to hear from you. We have been waiting to hear from you! We know the market inside and out. Most likely we have actually been inside many of these homes and can help you by telling you what you may not be able to see online, what will not fit your criteria. We also may know of homes that present quite a different reality than the online persona.
- If you are going to require a mortgage, call a reliable and professional mortgage person. We have a list of proven, trusted professionals for all price ranges that we can give to you if you need this. This is very important, being qualified up front to know exactly how much you can spend on a house! And you will find there are many mortgages out there all with different requirements. Knowing how much cash you will need on hand for a deposit is very important information as well.
- If you are lucky enough to be paying cash, be prepared to show proof of funds for the purchase. This needs to accompany any offer to purchase in order for the seller to take your offer seriously.
- Realize that although it is a buyers market here in Southern Litchfield County, there are certain price points and particular locations where homes are suddenly moving fast. If you want the house, be ready to put in that offer! And if you are indeed looking at the homes that are moving, don't play around with a low ball offer. It won't get you anywhere other than back to the drawing board!
If you are really ready to purchase a home don't fall victim to the now you see it now you don't syndrome that is happening in Southern Litchfield County! Go ahead, give us a call at 860.946.0686.
Andrea Swiedler, Realtor, Southern Litchfield County Real Estate
2017 President, Greater New Milford Board of Realtors
2017 Connecticut Magazine 5 Star Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Litchfield County Regional Office,375 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT 06776
© Andrea Swiedler 2009 - 2017
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain